Next The Essex Lottery draw on Sat 23 November at 8PM
The draw is in 6 days 6 hours 5 minutes!
Only Cowards Carry Weapons Awareness Limited was established in 2012 by local community members in response to the fatal stabbing of Jay Whiston. Driven by the devastating loss of Jay his mother, Caroline Shearer, has worked tirelessly to promote Only Cowards Carry Weapons Awareness in the hope that young people understand the stark facts and true reality of knife crime. The ‘down-to-earth’ courses that the charity have been delivering are graphically designed to leave no doubt of the damage that can be inflicted by a knife (and other dangerous weapons) and just how quickly a wound can prove fatal. They are aimed at preventing young people choosing to carry a dangerous weapon in the future.
The Charity’s Mission Is To:
• raise awareness of the dangers and consequences of carrying a knife or any other dangerous weapon,
• educate young people to create safer communities,
• petition for tougher action against knife and weapons crime and support victims,
• change the outlook of young people who think they are ‘cool’ and ‘safe’ carrying a weapon of any kind,
• increase community safety and reduce the number of incidences of weapons crime.
With Your Help the charity can:
• continue delivering education and awareness around the key issues including weapon, gang culture, drugs and alcohol, bullying and other issues young people are concerned with,
• offer support, informed advice, and knowledge on these issues,
• change the outlook of young people who think it is ‘cool’ and ‘safe’ carrying a weapon or any kind and prevent young people from committing violent crimes,
• inspire young people to get involved and engage with positive awareness activities rather than becoming involved with violent crime, benefiting the wider community.
We would like to thank you for your support and wish you the best of good luck!
The Only Cowards Carry Team
Mrs P supported Courtauld Memorial Hall with 1 ticket
6 minutes ago
Mr P supported Remap Essex Central with 1 ticket
22 hours ago
Mrs W supported Pussycat Lodge Trust with 2 tickets
25 hours ago
Mr K supported South East Harlow Sports and Youth Association with 2 tickets
47 hours ago
Ms M supported Open Door with 2 tickets
2 days ago
Mr G supported St. Nicholas Church, Tillingham with 2 tickets
2 days ago
Feel great knowing 60% of ticket sales will go to good causes - 50% to your chosen cause and 10% to other causes in Essex.
That's right, unlike many other lotteries The Essex Lottery tickets are only £1 per week
Each ticket has a 1 in 50 chance to win with a top prize of £25,000!